The San Francisco Unit is searching for our next Unit Chair!
The SF Unit Chair is the San Francisco point of contact and facilitator for local volunteers, members, and also NASW-CA regional and state leaders. Key responsibilities include the following but also may be expanded based on the Unit Chair’s, volunteers’, and members’ interests and availability
- Convening SF Unit volunteers for annual and ongoing event planning
- Facilitating 3-4 networking and continuing education events per year
- Drafting and submitting a brief budget for the SF Unit (basic template and examples provided)
- Recruiting SF Unit volunteers and leaders as needed
- If interested and available, attending NASW-CA regional and/or statewide events
The position is supported by a core group of volunteers. The current SF Unit Chair, Monica Sheftel, will continue as a general volunteer and will provide a brief orientation in Fall/Winter 2020 and ongoing consultation if needed beyond. The estimated time commitment for the position is 8-10 hours per month with some months being less and some months being more depending on activities.
Perks of the position may include:
- Helping to set the tone and agenda for the SF Unit of NASW-CA
- Building and utilizing your leadership and facilitation skills
- Meeting social workers from various specialties within our field
- Building relationships with NASW-CA regional and state leaders
- Attending regional and/or statewide events such as NASW-CA annual Leadership Conference
- Job and career networking as well as information and resource sharing
- Get more involved with NASW to support social workers like you!
The only requirement is that you are a current NASW member. If you are interested but are not a member, you may join before your term starts.
Call for Nominations: If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else, please reply to this email by Monday, October 5th with the following information:
– Name of Nominee:
– Is Nominee a NASW Member (Yes/No):Nominee’s Email:
– Nominee’s Phone Number:
Brief description (3-5 sentences) of why you are nominating this person (e.g. what strengths, interests, and/or ideas may they bring to this position):
Also, we are always recruiting new general volunteers so please let us know if you are interested and spread the word! If you or someone you know would like to learn more about volunteer and/or leadership positions with us, feel free to email us at: email@example.com
Thank you for being a social worker!