National Association of Social Workers, Inc. California Chapter
Job Description Statement
Position Title: LEGISLATIVE COORDINATOR (PART TIME)
Location: Sacramento, CA
Supervisor: Government Relations Director
The Legislative Coordinator provides support to the NASW-CA legislative program. The coordinator assists in the implementation of the chapter’s overall legislative strategy and plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze legislative proposals and write letters to legislators regarding proposals we support or oppose.
- Attend legislative hearings and provide oral testimony.
- Track legislation and update databases as needed.
- Provide other support to the Government Relations Director as needed.
- Support the NASW membership program including preparing and shipping membership materials to membership staff and volunteer leaders as needed.
- Experience in legislative coordination activities
- Degree in social work or enrolled in a social work program is preferred.
- Experience with NASW either in leadership or as a participant in NASW activities and programs is a plus.
- Experience with communications and technology.
- Understanding of social work values and policies; sensitivity, knowledge, and experience with social work issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both oral and written form
- Temporary part time position (no more than 24 hours per week), authorized expenses will be reimbursed
- Position starts February 1, 2019 and ends September 30, 2019
- Position is located in the Sacramento NASW California office
- No benefits
- $25 per hour
- Some weekend and evening hours
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
APPLICATION PERIOD CLOSES December 14, 2018