Kick off Social Work Month 2022 by joining us for “Post-Traumatic Growth in an Age of COVID” presented by Dr. Sommer Howser on March 4th from 3pm – 4pm PST!
She will define the various forms of trauma experienced by social workers (and other health/mental health practitioners) during the present-day COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, Dr. Howser will discuss self-preservation skills that can be used to thrive while continuing to provide essential services to clients and communities. Gain understanding of post-traumatic stress disorder versus post-traumatic growth and learn how to implement trauma stewardship in your daily life.
- Members: Free
- Nonmembers: $10
- Define collective trauma, compassion fatigue, burnout, and moral injury.
- Understand post-traumatic growth versus post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Identify the challenges for Social Work in an age of COVID.
- Learn and identify self-preservation skills for coping in an age of COVID.
- Gain awareness of resources for trauma stewardship.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org