At 2024 NASW-CA Legislative Lobby Days, you can make a direct impact on policies that will advance social work values. In addition to advocating for social justice, you can enhance your political leadership skills as a Lobby Days Team Leader! Team Leaders assist their respective team by facilitating policy conversations with elected officials and/or their staff during their legislative appointment. With Team Leaders, our collective influence will be amplified throughout Lobby Days, giving voice to our profession and the communities we serve.
Team Leaders do not need any prior experience! Training, orientation (light appetizers included), and a social mixer will be provided by NASW-CA staff to ensure your success. Legislative appointments are pre-scheduled by NASW-CA staff.
Participate as a Team Leader at the largest social work Lobby Days in California to:
- Gain state-level lobbying experience
- Activate your advocacy and leadership skills in legislative and macro social work
- Build lasting relationships with other social work professionals throughout California
- Earn up to 8 CEUs
- Receive a $20 discount off your Lobby Days ticket
- Meet legislators, their staff, and other important political contacts
- Receive in-person orientation and socialize with other leaders on Saturday evening
Get involved in your social work community and join us as a Lobby Days Volunteer! Throughout Sunday, April 21, volunteers will support NASW-CA staff with registration area check-in, material distribution, and general registration needs. Volunteers are the key to an outstanding Lobby Days, and your participation on April 21 will ensure a successful two days of learning, networking, and lobbying.
Join us as a Volunteer to:
- Meet legislators, their staff, and other important political officials
- Receive a $20 discount on your Lobby Days ticket
- Develop a network of contacts with other social work professionals
Please contact Tatyana Timonichev at email@example.com with any questions about 2024 Legislative Lobby Days.