On Friday, June 24, the official decision to overturn Roe v. Wade by the Supreme Court of the United States dismantled nearly five decades of national protections for child-bearing people to access comprehensive reproductive healthcare. NASW-CA stands firmly in the value that abortion access is healthcare and that every person should have the right to choose for themselves whether or not to carry a pregnancy to term.
This page is a compilation of ongoing resources for your use, and we will be regularly updating this list.
- Guttmacher Institute’s State Legislation Tracker
Tracks state-level abortion rights and updates major developments in sexual and reproductive health in each state.
- Guttmacher Institute’s Abortion Policies and Access in the United States
This interactive map will help users see details about abortion policies in place, characteristics of state residents and key abortion statistics, including driving distance to the nearest abortion clinic.
- Harm Reduction & Social Worker Discretion: Fighting Criminalization of Self-Managed Abortion Resource List
On June 29, NASW-CA hosted a webinar on the concept of self-managed abortion (SMA). This resource list is from the advocates who presented at our workshop – and contain legal resources, health resources, pregnancy counseling resources, client resources, and self-managed abortion stories.
- Find a Verified Abortion Provider
With more than 700 health centers, AbortionFinder.org features the most comprehensive directory of trusted (and verified) abortion service providers in the United States.
- National Network of Abortion Fund’s List of Abortion Funds Across the U.S.
Find your fund to donate, to stay educated about abortion access, to sign up for action alerts, and to follow the expert lead of your fund.
- Plan C’s Guide to Abortion Pills
A guide for self-managed abortion with abortion pills by mail, including medical context and legal risks. Options for at-home abortion pill access will vary based on your location.
- Aid Access’ Online Consultations for Abortions and Medication
Aid Access supports women, girls, trans men, nonbinary and all people with an unwanted pregnancy to access an abortion or miscarriage treatment.
- Brennan Center for Justice’s Supreme Court’s Abortion Ruling Shows What Happens When Democracy Is Thwarted
This article addresses how democratic practices – fair elections, fair courts, fair redistricting – and reproductive freedom go hand in hand.
- Brennan Center for Justice’s The Fight for Abortion Rights in Post-Roe America
This article highlights key legal and policy fights ahead, using excerpts from Beyond Roe: The Fight for Our Future.
- Don’t Ban Equality’s FAQ
This frequently asked questions page highlights how and why businesses should support access to comprehensive reproductive health care.
California Specific Resources
- NASW-CA Statement on SCOTUS Overturning of Roe v. Wade Decision
NASW-CA stands firmly in the value that abortion access is healthcare and that every person should have the right to choose for themselves whether or not to carry a pregnancy to term.
- Get Involved in Any of the 7 Planned Parenthood Organizations Across California
Volunteer, attend local events, donate to local organizations.
- Register to Vote
Abortion will be a major focus of the November elections. Californians must be registered to vote at least 15 days before Election Day.
- NARAL Pro-Choice California Foundation’s Information about Fake Crisis Pregnancy Centers
NARAL Pro-Choice California sent undercover investigators to fake women’s health centers all over California. They uncovered disturbing tactics that show just how much fake clinics pose a threat to women’s health.
- California Legislative Women’s Caucus’ California Legislative Bills to Support Reproductive Rights
This PDF lists all California legislative bills that supports people seeking reproductive health care.
- Access Reproductive Justice’s Resources
Access Reproductive Justice supports those who need help accessing abortion and other reproductive healthcare.