From the California Social Work Archives (CSWA):
We are soliciting submissions for the California Social Work Hall of Distinction 2021 Honorees.
The Hall of Distinction seeks to recognize individuals whose body of work has made outstanding contributions to advancing the social work profession and/or social work practice in California and bettered Californians’ lives.
We are looking for a diverse pool, especially with regard to ethnicity and gender and their intersectionalities. We are particularly interested in social workers who are representative of the communities they serve.
NOMINATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
• Nominations are accepted at any time, but must be submitted by January 31 to be considered for the current year. Note that, generally, in odd years, inductees are selected from northern California; in even years, they are from southern California (see below).
• The induction class is announced in the spring in NASW-CA News, on our website, and on our Facebook page.
• Current Hall of Distinction Committee members are not eligible for induction.
• If a nominee is not selected for the current year’s induction class, submitted materials are held over for automatic review, for up to five years. Nominators are notified of the committee’s decision and are invited to supplement and update the nomination submission in-between election cycles.
GUIDELINES FOR SELECTION
Honorees are generally selected from the geographic region where the induction ceremony will be held in order to facilitate the attendance of inductees and their guests. The event coincides with the NASW-CA Annual Conference, which alternates between northern and southern California venues.
Selection is based on evidence provided that the nominee has contributed to the social work profession in any of the following ways.
• Exceptional leadership in social work practice and education, research, or social policy in California.
• Risk-taking to achieve outstanding results in social policies or programs, particularly during controversial historical periods.
• Effective advocacy against potentially harmful social policies on behalf of clients and communities, and in extending social programs to underserved populations.
• Extraordinary contributions to social work practice or application of techniques.
• Initiating innovative research or programs producing positive, tangible results over a period of time.
While we strongly prefer the online submission available on the Hall of Distinction website https://socialworkhallofdistinction.org/nominations, you may also email it to CSWA@usc.edu or mail the completed nomination packet to the address listed on the form.
Please help us distribute the nomination form to your agency workers, supervisors, and network as you see fit.
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.