Sunday & Monday, April 19 & 20, 2020
McClellan Conference Center & State Capitol, Sacramento
About Legislative Lobby Days
Legislative Lobby Days is a two-day event that educates students and professionals about important legislation affecting clients and the social work profession. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the legislative process and get a “hands-on” lobbying experience of talking with state legislators about important policy issues.
Click here to register and purchase your ticket!
Sunday, April 19: Learn the basics of lobbying and prepare for legislative appointments.
Monday, April 20: Attend the Social Action Rally and Legislative appointments at the State Capitol. (Attendees must attend Sunday to participate in Monday’s appointments.)
Who Should Attend:
· Professional Social Workers in all fields
· BSW and MSW Students
· Social Work Professors
Reasons to Attend:
- Discover the legislative process and how to lobby Legislators.
- Learn about important legislation that affects social workers and the clients they serve.
- Find out how all social workers, students, clinicians, organizers, and managers can have an impact on state policy.
- Meet Legislators, their staff and other important political contacts in Sacramento. Network with other social workers and “Stand Up For Others” on important social issues!
- Serve as a Team Leader and gain valuable leadership experience by helping prepare participants for their legislative appointments (click on link below for details!)
- Volunteer! With over 1400 participants expected, help is needed at registration (click on link below for details!)
- Earn up to 8 CEUs – 3 for Sunday only; 6 if you attend both Sunday and Monday; 8 for being a Team Leader.
Phone: (800) 538-2565 ext. 2117 or (916) 442-4565 ext. 2117