Join our new
“Voting is Social Work” Virtual Drop-In Hotline
Every Wednesday, 1:30PM – 2:30PM PDT/4:30PM-5:30PM EDT
Oct 7, Oct 14, Oct 21, Oct 28
To all social work students, faculty, field supervisors, Deans, Agency EDs, practitioners. You are all invited drop in!
The hour begins with a 5 minute tour of the website to highlight new resources, upcoming events and actions you can take in the next few weeks. The rest of the hour will be spent answering YOUR questions!
· How to respond to statements like “the election is rigged” or “my vote doesn’t matter?”
· How do I address myths around voting with a felony record?
· How do I stay nonpartisan?
· Where do I sign up to be an election protection volunteer?
· How to sign up to be a poll worker in my area?
· Where can I find opportunities to call or text voters?
· How can I register my classmates, friends, colleagues, clients?
· How can I support agencies in field to engage voters?
· Who do we contact if we see or hear about voter suppression or intimidation at the polls?
Drop in for as little or as long as you can stay to get the answers you need now! And find more information www.votingissocialwork.org