Legislative Lobby Days is a two-day event that educates students and professionals about important legislation affecting clients and the social work profession. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the legislative process and get a “hands-on” lobbying experience of talking with state legislators about important policy issues.
Register for Lobby Days here!
Format – All events will be held virtually in 2021 via ZOOM
Sunday, April 11, 2021: Learn the basics of lobbying and prepare for legislative appointments.
Monday, April 12, 2021: Attend the Social Action Rally and Legislative appointments, virtually. (Attendees must attend Sunday to participate in Monday’s appointments).
Who Should Attend
Professional Social Workers in all fields
BSW and MSW Students
Social Work Professors
Reasons to Attend
- Discover the legislative process and how to lobby Legislators.
- Learn about important legislation that affects social workers and the clients they serve.
- Find out how all social workers, students, clinicians, organizers, and managers can have an impact on state policy.
- Meet Legislators, their staff, and other important political contacts. Connect with other social workers and “Stand Up For Others” on important social justice issues!
- Serve as a Team Leader and gain valuable leadership experience by helping prepare participants for their legislative appointments (click on link below for details!)
- Earn up to 8 CEUs – 3 for Sunday only; 6 if you attend both Sunday and Monday; 8 for being a Team Leader.
Additional Event Links
Friday, January 29, 2021 – Early Bird Discount Deadline
Monday, March 8, 2021 – Group Registration Deadline
Monday, March 22, 2021 – Final Deadline – Space is limited, and event may sell out earlier!
Monday, March 22, 2021 – Cancellation/Refund Deadline. A $10 fee is charged for all cancellations. No refunds after this date – no exceptions.