Field Work Consultant – CalSWEC Title IV-E
POSITION: Field Work Consultant, Academic Year (9 month), 100% time.
OVERVIEW: Responsible for the operation and implementation of field education experiences for students that focus on the delivery of the CalSWEC Title IV-E competencies. Includes the development of educational programs for students and collaboration and coordination with public and private agencies in Los Angeles, and surrounding counties. Candidate will be expected to teach courses and to support the recruitment of students for the CalSWEC program.
- Consults with field agency field instructors and/or preceptors to develop fieldwork sites for students.
- Identifies, develops, and provides training, seminars and other field work support that focus on the delivery of the CalSWEC Title IV-E competencies, for field instructors, preceptors, and students to enhance the field work placement experience.
- Works and collaborates with the Principal Investigator, Director of Field Education, CalSWEC Coordinator, and other Field Education Faculty to plan and implement educational experiences and activities for the field education program.
- Works and collaborates with the CalSWEC Project Coordinator and other the CalSWEC instructional and field faculty in the development and teaching of the enhanced CalSWEC model which includes: PCW Practice Series, Specialized Seminars, and Field Projects.
- Facilitates and functions as field faculty in assigned field practicum seminar.
- Interprets school policies and requirements; monitors and evaluates students’ progress; advises CalSWEC students; evaluates field instructors and agency’s performance; mediates problems and/or disputes.
- Assists in the development of student orientations, field education coursework, and field instructor trainings.
- Contributes to relevant written materials as needed, e.g. field manual, learning agreements, school policies that impact the field education curriculum and support the internships.
- Monitors and evaluates liability, malpractice, and risk management issues for students and agencies. Provide due process, input, and feedback for agencies, field instructors, and students.
- Supports the job search procedures and requirements and employment monitoring systems for Title IV-E students.
- Participates in departmental committees, curriculum development and special projects, as assigned.
- Teaches in the MSW program.
- Incumbent must possess a Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Demonstrated success in agency based social work practice
- Supervisory experience of both staff and students in the role of field instructor
- Incumbent must have excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Minimum five years experience with a minimum of two years experience in public child welfare and specifically in Child Protective Services (i.e., LAC DCFS)
- Experience teaching at instructor level at a University
SALARY: $85,000 – $100,000
CLOSING DATE: November 21, 2019
APPLICATIONS: Applications must be submitted online at https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF05091 and may be addressed to:
Gerry Laviña, LCSW, Director of Field Education
University of California, Los Angeles
Meyer and Renee Luskin School of Public Affairs
Department of Social Welfare
3250 Public Affairs Building
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1656
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination policy and affirmative action policy see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.