In collaboration with CalKIDS, we are hosting an educational webinar on the new statewide children’s savings program, CalKIDS! On April 26, we will go over what the children’s savings account program is, who is eligible for this program, how to register and get started, a Q&A panel discussion, and more! This event is free to attend, and registration is required.
NASW-CA is committed to supporting social workers and the communities they serve in accessing resources and navigating our complex social service system. We encourage social workers and social services professionals to support clients and consumers in understanding these services and, when eligible, applying for resources.
CalKIDS is the long-awaited children’s savings account program that offers all newborns and eligible low-income public school students in California between $25 and $1,500 to start saving for college and career training. Families are encouraged to build on this investment by opening and contributing to a ScholarShare 529 account of their own and see their college savings balances all in one place.
The program provides the following incentives:
Up to $1,500 for 3.4 Million School-Age Children:
- $500 Automatic Deposit: Eligible low-income public school students in grades 1-12.
- $500 Additional Deposit: Eligible low-income public school students in grades 1-12 identified as foster youth.
- $500 Additional Deposit: Eligible low-income public school students in grades 1-12 identified as homeless.
Up to $100 for Newborn Children:
- $25 Automatic Deposit: Every eligible child born on or after July 1, 2022.
- $25 Additional Deposit: Those who register on the program’s online portal.
- $50 Additional Deposit: Those who link a new or existing ScholarShare 529 account to the CalKIDS account.
Please contact Raquel Ibarra at email@example.com with any questions.