The deadline to submit an application for the Executive Director position has been extended until June 12th. Please refer to the Job Description below for more information and for instructions on how to apply!
National Association of Social Workers – California Chapter
The California Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), with a statewide membership of nearly 8,000, is seeking an Executive Director with demonstrated leadership and management skills. In addition, applicants should have a substantial knowledge of and a strong commitment to the social work profession and social work values, with an awareness of the diversity of social work practice. Applicants should also be able to engage, inspire, mobilize and grow the Association’s membership. NASW is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world, with over 100,000 members nationwide. NASW works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards, and to advance sound social policies. The Chapter Executive Director reports to the NASW Deputy Director of Chapter Operations at the National Office and is accountable to the California Chapter Board of Directors.
- Senior leadership experience working with professional or non-profit organizations and their volunteer Boards
- Minimum of 3 years of executive level experience
- Bachelor degree required; MSW preferred
- Exceptional executive management skills, including the ability to provide oversight for organizational, leadership, board development priorities, relevant legislative efforts, membership services, staff supervision, strategic planning experience, and continuing education programs
- Demonstrated budget and financial management skills
- Solid program planning and implementation skills
- Strong public policy experience and skills
- Strong advocacy and legislative experience and skills
- Community organizing experience
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with traditional and social media
- Commitment to providing excellent membership support and engagement
- Experience in fundraising, grant writing and management
- Basic proficiency with Office products software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as working in the online/ “cloud” environment.
The Chapter office is located in Sacramento; travel required to other California communities, as needed. Competitive salary, plus excellent benefits, including 401k and health insurance.
Application deadline: June 12, 2020
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Applicants will email a cover letter and résumé addressing above qualifications, to: firstname.lastname@example.org , Subject title “ California Executive Director” no later than June 12,2020.
NASW-CA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. Applicants from diverse communities are encouraged to apply.